Friday, June 29, 2007

Take Back the Times: Doug Frantz To Leave The LAT, Latest of Bailouts

The latest "top gun" to leave the L.A. Times is the outstanding managing editor, Doug Frantz, whose last day will be July 6 and who will be returning to Istanbul as Middle East bureau chief for the Wall Street Journal, a high profile reporting job.

If I could blame all this on LAT editor James O'Shea and publisher David Hiller, and their machinations for the Tribune Co., I certainly would. But fairness requires that I should say there is evidence that Frantz, a longtime reporter, simply wasn't enjoying sitting at a desk all day and decided, as he said himself in his statement, "My true love is reporting and writing."

"I felt like I had done as much as I could in this job," Frantz also said.

Continue reading by clicking on link below.

Take Back the Times: Doug Frantz To Leave The LAT, Latest of Bailouts

No comments: