Thursday, June 28, 2007

Message from James O'Shea - Editor LAT

I regret to announce that Doug Frantz has decided to leave the Los Angeles Times. I am sure everyone agrees that Doug's departure is a loss to the newspaper. As Managing Editor, Doug has proved a solid leader, guiding the editorial department through some troubled and rugged days. He is an extraordinary journalist and a dedicated editor who cares deeply about the newspaper and the staff. His career here has been spectacular, both as a tough-minded editor and one of the world's best investigative reporters. He has been a huge help to me, convincing people to give me a chance at a time of uncertainty and turmoil. I can't thank him enough. I will miss his wisdom, candor, professionalism and solid news judgment. The only comfort I find in his decision is that Doug leaves the newsroom his legacy of high standards and excellent, hard-hitting journalism. Doug's last day will be July 6. I know you all join me in wishing him well in the future. I will begin the process of selecting a replacement for Doug soon.

Jim

SOURCE: LAObserved

No comments: