Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Fireworks and the 4th of July

With the 4th of July holiday one week away it seems that the craziness has already started. In my neighborhood we have been bombarded with illegal firecrackers, bottle rockets and other explosive devices that drive my dogs (and me) absolutely crazy. For my dogs, a large German Shepherd and an American Pit Bull, the noise created by these illegal fireworks makes them desperate with fear. So desperate, in fact, that they have broken every screen in my rear windows and pulled the sliding screen door off the track with their teeth. I have tried many times to contact the local police department, only to be told that they don't have the resources



It seems to me that celebrating this holiday by breaking the law just doesn't seem right. With many local cities banning legal fireworks, what makes people think it's o.k. to use the illegal variety?

No comments: